Part P


The installers must then carry out ALL their work in accordance with the current requirements of BS 7671: as amended (formerly know as The IEE Wiring Regulations) and issue a certificate of compliance.

The main certificates will be an Electrical Installation Certificate, Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate and Minor Works Certificate.

Once this has been issued the certifying body with whom the installer is registered will issue a second certificate. This will be a Building Regulation Compliance Certificate (BRCC).
Copies of the BRCC will then be sent to both Building Control and yourself (the Owner).

These certificates will be required in the future when properties change ownership and will show up when Solicitors carry out a search to prove the electrical installation complies with the national standard of safety (BS 7671: as amended).

Walcam WireWorks

can self-certify and issue these certificates.

This new requirement will also affect DIY workmanship (see DIY below). It will no longer be permitted for an unqualified person / unregistered electrician to carry out alterations or additions to electrical installations in the areas detailed above.